Cycle #2 Under Way

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Things are finally rolling again! We started a new med cycle this week. We kicked it off with 9 pills and an injection. This protocol is going to be very different then our last cycle but much more similar to the one that got me pregnant with my keeper. 

We won’t have a transfer date until early February but it should be somewhere between February 19 - 26. I want this so badly for the intended parents I’m just praying this is the one! 

Brennan (6 yo today) has always been the best little helper. So she decided she wanted to help with my meds. I told her she could do the injection and as soon as she saw the needle (seriously so tiny) she ran into the other room. She did decide to watch and I let her push the plunger. She was so excited! 

Here are my meds for this part of the protocol then we start 2 different forms of estrogen in February to build up my uterine lining. Most people would be worried about the injections. I’m worried about 3 courses of antibiotics in the next 30 days! When this works it will be worth every pill, shot, blood draw, ultrasound and procedure. 

Read More

First transfer outcome

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

11/23/19 - started meds for the transfer cycle
12/10/19 - lining check and bloodwork - lining was good but estrogen wasn’t as high as they would like so we added an estrogen patch
12/18/19 - transfer went off without a hitch! Everything went smoothly, embryo was expanding nicely, couldn’t have been better! Intended Mom (IM) was in the room with me and we were very pleased with how great everything went
12/26/19 - 8 days past 5 day (embryo age) transfer - negative pregnancy test at home - I let intended parents (IPs) know - still holding out hope for a miracle
12/27/19 - negative beta HCG

Each transfer has about a 60% chance of working. Unfortunately this time we were in the 40%. I was pretty bummed for the IP’s. This is such a huge emotional and financial investment for them and I just wanted everything to continue going as smoothly as it had started. They seemed to take the news well. Her RE is out of the country until the end of this week and they needed some time to review everything from our failed cycle so the nurse suggested a month of birth control pills and a February transfer. At first I was really frustrated at the thought of losing a month but realized it’s probably for the best. Now we wait and see what February will bring!
Read More